Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wish...


Ever wished on a star as a kid? Ok...who am I kidding...I still do that!

After reading the news today and feeling overwhelmed that our society is spinning out of control I realized something. The world may be out of control, but God is still in control.

There is something about a childlike faith that makes life seem so much easier.

"He's got the whole world
In His hands.
He's got the whole world
In His hands.
He's got the whole world
In His hands...."

Although wishing on a star isn't the answer. Having a childlike faith that God really does have the world in His hand is. So don't wait for a shooting star to wish for peace, a safe place for our children, or the end of wickedness. Just pray and trust that someone much bigger, more powerful, and loving has us in His hands too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Miriam!!

I absolutely refuse to let the world take away the wonder that I had as a child. God was always at the center of that wonder and He still is. People may say "grow up" but sometimes I think "grow up" really means "grow apart" from God. Not gonna happen. Lot's of really scary things out there and having two adult kids who have outgrown my nest can sometimes be very frightening. But "He's got my Jes and Adam....in His hands...." :-)

JK