Saturday, February 24, 2007

assignment - play date









When faced with my first assignment and the thought of having to share my pictures in front of my peers I could only think of one subject that would work.......my boy! Now granted the pictures aren't the grand masterpieces I would have liked to present to my teacher....but the subject.....you can't get any cuter than this! I had fun shooting Elijah and learning new tricks with the camera. Not only was it good to get out of the "program mode" that I like to call home....but Elijah had a blast suggesting different poses. (what a ham......he gets that from his dad!) :)

Our class was working on panning a subject with a slower shutter speed to create a more life like action photo. The image of Elijah on his scooter really captured the intensity he puts into his "ride". He suggested the fire pole at the playground and I was surprised by the image I got. My husband and I thought it almost looked like he was 3D and way in front of the other kids. I think this shot showed the action as well as a different depth of field than I had experienced in my other photos.


The black and white of my boy is well.......it's of my boy.....so it's of course one of my favorites. I like the fact that he isn't smiling and being goofy but has a model like expression on his face. I love capturing differences in his personality. Knowing I will always have these images to look back on makes me smile.......and cry!


Well.....I hope you liked my first assignment. I am learning some cool tricks with my camera as well as in Photoshop. I look forward to having more creative control over the images I take. Most importantly I am having fun and enjoying this new adventure.

7 comments:

Kevin said...

Where are you taking classes? I need to take one too. And...are you and Justin back already? Call a brotha at work sometime.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Those are adorable Miriam! :)

Stephani said...

I love them!!! You are really doing a great job! We need to hang out soon...if you can find the time for us:)

Anonymous said...

These turned out awesome. You have such a talent and I can't wait to see what you will keep creating!!! What a natural! Love ya girl...

Sardonica said...

Are you a Haddock girl or what? I can't wait to see more photos and I can't wait to see you at Easter! Love you and miss you.

Mike Warren said...

Great pics... I love the action shots and you're right the motion adds so much to the picture.

The Jacksons said...

The pictures are great! We are so glad your back!-Angela