Saturday, February 17, 2007

On the move......


New job, new house, new hobby........phase one of my new adventure has me wondering why kids are the only ones who get to take naps. Oh to have someone tell me I had to close the blinds, turn off the light, and sleep! But then without these crazy times we would always wake back up to the same reality wondering why our dreams never came true. So although I say this timidly.....BRING IT ON!

I started my first photography class last week. The teacher is quite a character. My friend Jenn and I can't help but laugh at his gestures and frequent exclamation of......"I'm not teaching you anything you don't already know." We often wonder what we are paying for if this is indeed the case. But I must admit (although not to everyone).....he IS teaching me some things I don't already know.

Our assignment this week should be interesting. No more leaning on the "program" settings to think for me. I hope to find time to really be creative and get some good shots. We have to bring our images to class and most likely share them with everyone. Although my first thought is to jump ship and run when it comes to anything that leaves me vulnerable in front of my peers......I don't want to wake up tomorrow, next month, or God forbid next year longing for my dreams instead of living them.

I'll be sure to post some of the images from my first assignment. Feel free to comment and share your thoughts. But remember.....go easy on the rookie!










3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am SOOOO glad to have you back! It just wasn't quite the same without you. Hey if you ever need an object in motion for a project I can always send over Gracie!! Love ya girl!

Kevin said...

Interesting depth of field on this one. Did you do anything in Photoshop besides desaturate this one? By the way, I have a nice plugin for B&W I'll have to show you.

Sardonica said...

Miriam-I love you girl. Everything you are and everything you are yet to be.