Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weekend Thoughts

I spent this past weekend relaxing with my family. I rested and enjoyed the blessings God has given me. Here are of few of my thoughts from this weekend.

~Contentment~

Wednesday morning we woke up to snow. Elijah was so excited he could hardly wait to get outside and play. But...living in TN...the snow didn't last long. Rather than be sad about what he didn't have, Eli made the most of the situation. After we ran some errands he excused himself to the backyard and soon had a wonderful creation!

The snow didn't last long but hopefully, with a little help from our freezer, "frosty" will be around to remind us to find contentment in any and every situation.

~Joy~

Layla is growing fast and enjoys every minute of life. If she can find a ball, bone, and yes sometimes even a shoe she is set. She isn't picky about what makes her happy and she reminds me daily to find joy in the little things.

After losing a few toys to the current, Layla was ready...just about the time we were heading back to the house.

~Growth~

Spring is almost here and new growth will be all around us. Sometime I sit and wait for new growth in my own life. I saw first hand this weekend that growth isn't something to wait for, it's something you work at.

Controlled burns are used to keep wild fires down and promote new growth.

God has used some extremely hard times to help me grow.

"He will bring beauty from my pain."

~Trust~

Remember reaching out for your daddy's hand and knowing without a doubt he would be there for you?

Maybe we should try that more often?

~Happiness~

Check this boy out...what more can I say?


Having the weekend off was GREAT! God showed me how to be content with what He has given me, hat joy is found in the little things, sometimes you really do have to "feel the burn" in order to enjoy see results, trusting Him allows us to be free, and well...that my boy is so darn cute! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics!! Love seeing pics of the family. Tried calling you, still no answer!! :) Love you!
Heather